- The hair should be clean and dry.
- Before cutting hair, secure it in ponytails (or braids).
- As long as the hair all runs in the direction it grows, it will be good for wig-making.
- It is best to make ponytails in several sections around the head to maximize the length.
- Make sure they are tied tightly with hair-bands or rubber bands to keep it secure. At least 2 bands: 1/2-inch below the cut and another 2-inches lower.
CUTTING THE HAIR...
Minimum length is 4-6 inches for a short wig.
HOW MUCH HAIR IS NEEDED...
It can take 3 heads of hair to make a wig. (Most ponytails contain 65-80% usable hair for wig making.) We will supply any additional hair needed to match your color and texture to complete your wig.
You get $100 OFF for sending one or many ponytails (not for each one).
Yes, we can use your hair even if it has been dyed, highlighted or permed.
HOW TO SEND THE HAIR...
Place ponytails (or braids) in a plastic bag or paper envelope.
Keep ponytails all in the same direction so they don't tangle.
Wrapping them in tissue paper can also prevent tangling.
Be sure to include a note with:
- 1. Your name
- 2. Contact information
- 3. The name of the recipient of the wig
Please send your hair and order to our secure facility*:
Caring and Comfort #108
2136 Ford Parkway
St Paul, Minnesota 55116
*There is always someone there to receive and sign for the package. The tracking is scanned and sent to our head office.